Thursday, February 28, 2013

Whey Review: Dymatize Elite Whey 5.04lbs (Cafe Mocha)

Was kind of hesitant about trying Dymatize initially, due to some reviews online noting the bloating and artifical flavour of the shake. But I decided to switch things up slightly as I was getting kind of bored with the usually chocolate flavours of the protein shakes. So I took a tiny weeny step outside my comfort-zone and went for the Cafe Mocha flavour.



Serving Size: 1 Scoop (~32.65g)
Servings per Container: 70
Calories: 117
Protein: 24g


Effectiveness
I guess with whey proteins it is kind of hard to gauge effectiveness objectively since it is subject to so many other variables such as rest, diet, training etc. After about 2 weeks of use, I must say that I haven't felt much of a difference as compared to ON's 100% Gold Standard or Mutant Whey performance-wise.



Taste & Mix-abilitys
Decided to try the Cafe Mocha flavour as it seems to be right up there in the online ratings with Chocolate Mint and Butter Cream Toffee.

I usually go with one scoop added to 5 ounces of water which gives a nice coffee flavour with hints of chocolate. However, sometimes when I feel I need a cold beverage just to kill the craving or when I need a double dose of protein, 8 ounces of water with 2 scoops and a couple of ice cubes do the trick. The shake foams up alittle bit to give it a slightly creamy texture which is thicker. Kind of like a cappuccino, but chock full of protein. No signs of artificial taste here at all to me, no bloating or unwanted gas either.This has got to be the best protein shake I've tasted up til' now. Nuff' said.

Mix-ability was great as well. Absolutely no complains here. There was no clumping whatsoever despite simply using a shaker bottle with 5 ounces of water. As mentioned earlier, downing the ratio will give a good thick texture as well with no compromise in the mix-ability.


Value
At SGD$65 this is almost $15 cheaper than ON's 100% Gold Standard. The ingredient profile is about the same as well. Mix-ability is on-par with ON too.


Overall
Great economical protein that is comparable to ON 100% Gold Standard. Those on a tight budget but still need a protein with a good profile and no extra unwanted gas will appreciate this product quite abit. Also, good for those who need a shake that doesn't need too much water to mix up.

I'm thoroughly impressed by Dymatize and sold on them. Will probably try the Butter Toffee flavour the next time round.


2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the Dymatize Elite Whey at $65?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot if it was from FitLion or GymShack, but the prices have increased since.

      Delete