Sunday, June 2, 2013

(Sample) Pre-Workout Review: RCSS Myo-Blitz


Got a complementary sachet of Myo-Blitz together with the Resurrect-P.M. and ON Whey Gold Meal (look out for a review on this soon!) awhile back.

Was off any sort of pre-workout formulas for a good 3 weeks (after a 4 week "on-cycle") before trying out this sample sachet, so I would suppose that I would experience close to the full effect of the Myo-Blitz.


Serving Size: 1 Scoop (8g)
Servings per Container: 30
Calories: 8


Effectiveness
I did not exactly follow the instructions on the sachet when they said to consume on an empty stomach 30 minutes before workout. I usually have breakfast before heading to the gym, so yeah I' was not about to change up my diet plan. Need to get in the carbs before hitting the weights. But I did give a 30 minute buffer period before starting my workout though.

Could feel the energy boost from the 200mg of caffeine during my workout, as well as added endurance compared to when I'm off pre-workout supplements. The pump from Myo-Blitz was slightly better then usual but nothing mind-blowing here. I could also focus better on my sets but then again it's not anything to shout about. Definitely had a better workout than days I was off pre-workout supplements, but not the best workout I've had though.

As with side effects, I did not experience any crash, jitters or tingling sensation during or after my workout.


Taste & Mix-ability
The Fruit Punch Fusion flavour indeed had the taste of fruit punch, the sort we usually have at catered buffets. Some sort of fruit punch cordial syrup. However, it was coupled with a medicinal taste and the SensaCool flavour technology as with the Resurrect P.M. The concoction of the 3 together gave a funky taste which I did not particularly enjoy. Again, like the Resurrect P.M. the SensaCool flavour lasted even after the drink. So yeah, that was pretty cool again (no pun intended.)

Mixed the powder in 6oz of cold water and shook it up real good for more than 20 seconds just to be sure. Didn't want to encounter the same issue as with the Resurrect P.M. The powder mixed pretty well with no sediments leftover. There was quite alot of frothing that made the drink seem pink at first but it settled after awhile to become a red cough syrup kind of solution.

Anti-Clockwise from top: Sample sachet, unshaken product with water,  shaken product with foam, shaken product after leaving to stand for awhile


Value
A single sachet will set you back SGD$2.50 but a tub of 30 servings will cost you SGD$45 which works out to be SGD$1.50 per serving. That's pretty decent pricing but not exactly awesome.


Overall
If you need a pre-workout that gives you added energy and endurance, this could be the one for you. Also, good for those who dislike drinking a large amount of liquid before working out. Since it's a concentrated formula it mixes up well in just a small amount of water due to the lower weight per serving.

Personally though, I find nothing too outstanding about the Myo-Blitz unlike the Resurrect-P.M. I would definitely still go with Amino Energy as a pre-workout supplement if my budget allows for it.

2 comments:

  1. Hello fellow Singaporean, finally someone who writes about bb supplements. Did Amino Energy give you better pumps than Myo Blitz? Also have you tried Musclepharm's assault? I have been using that for a while but they are extremely expensive. It's effect also seem to be wearing off for a bit. lol

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I did not feel much of a difference in the pumps during workouts with either PWO. However, recently I have been trying Vasotropin from Gaspari and it works pretty well when stacked with dextrose.

      Yes, I have tried MusclePharm Assault and it works good for me in terms of added endurance. I would suggest cycling your PWO if you feel the effect wearing off.

      Cheers!

      Delete